Driverless Intelligence: Business Models January 2017
Subscribe to Insights in Brief to be notified about new Featured Content as it becomes available!
SBI's Driverless Futures uses scenario methodology to envision ways in which driverless technologies might develop and what impacts those developments could have on businesses, societies, governments, and individuals around the world. The most recent Driverless Futures report, Scenario Discontinuity Analysis: Business Models, focuses on potential business-model transformations and their implications. Specifically, what near-term developments might influence the directions in which new business models are likely to develop?
The report addresses driverless-related business models from three interrelated perspectives: technology, demand, and the business environment. We identified and addressed key uncertainties in each of these areas, including the examples below.
- To what extent will driverless vehicles depend on special infrastructure? Who will pay for that infrastructure, and how will its financing work?
- What new technologies and approaches will be necessary to allow driverless vehicles to serve users with special needs?
- Will driverless vehicles and services have a high-status value? Be exciting to use? Seem practical?
- What in-vehicle services will users find compelling? Which services will draw which kinds of users?
- What kinds of regulatory, competitive, and social conditions will be necessary for driverless-enabled services to succeed?
- To what extent will driverless technologies truly affect employment (and vice versa)?
The Business Models report addresses these and other key uncertainties in transforming vehicle-industry business models to align with expected future realities. Given so many ways for such transformations to go wrong and so much inertia behind existing business models, little may be necessary to reinforce the status quo rather than disrupt it.
Do you have all the necessary intelligence to move into the future of autonomous driving with confidence? Contact us to request the Driverless Futures Phase 2 Prospectus today.